The exterior of your home is a unique representation of your style, and as such, you want to show it in its best light. (pun intended!)
With all the different types of lights available, it can be challenging to know which ones are right for your home. In this overview, we’ll look at two popular types of outdoor lights: track lighting and landscape lighting. While there isn’t a right or wrong choice, it’s essential to understand the difference between the two in order to make the best decision for your home.
What Are Track Lights?
Track lighting sounds exactly what the name implies. It is a system of lights mounted on a track, providing electricity to the lights. Rather than one central light fixture, track lighting gives you the flexibility to adjust the number, and placement, of lights you use at one time.
Every Gemstone Lights installation will have a color-matched track (matching the soffit or fascia color) with the correct depth to create a flush look to the edge of your homes’ fascia. Tracks are designed to point the lights downward which gives the best ambience effect. Each track that is installed will overlap the previous track to create a nice flow that blends in with the home.
The Benefits of LED Track Lighting
If you’re someone who wants to enhance the look and feel of your outdoor space, track lights may very well be the right choice for you.
- Flexibility- If you don’t want to be tied to one specific style, then you’ll love the flexibility that track lighting allows. You can rearrange your lighting patterns – turning more lights on, or turning more lights off – to meet your style preference of the day. Additionally you can change the color of your lights to be in tune with seasonal celebration or even sporting events!
- Efficient- Track lighting is also an energy-efficient way of lighting the exterior of your home. This could be a valuable option if you’re looking for ways to save on your energy bill. Fun fact: did you know LED Lights can last up to 50,000 hours?!
- Customizable– You’ll have plenty of fun customizing your track lighting to match your personal style. You can create an entirely unique look with all the different colors, pre-programmed patterns, and even customizable patterns.
- Durable- One of the best things about track lights is that they’re built to last. They’re designed to withstand all sorts of weather conditions, so you don’t have to worry about them rusting or breaking down over time after being exposed to the elements. In fact, Gemstone Lights Track Lighting system is waterproof – it is IP67 rated ensuring your system will have no issues when it comes to water.
- Security- Track lighting can also act as a security measure for your home. By turning your exterior track lights on in strategic places around your homes entrance doors, you can deter would-be burglars and keep your property safe.
What Are Landscape Lights?
Having a beautiful landscape in front of your home adds curb appeal, and really brings your home to life. Landscape lights are a type of light that is installed in the ground to illuminate your landscaping. It’s one of the first things people will see when they come over, so you want to ensure it looks its best.
Many different types of landscape lights are available, each with its unique benefits. Some examples are listed below:
- Path lights– These are the most common type of landscape light. They are placed along pathways or along the edge of your property to provide a safe and well-lit walkway.
- Spotlights- A kind of light that is ideal for highlighting particular elements in your landscaping, such as sculptures or water features. They can also be used to illuminate a flag pole or the front door of your home.
- Step lights- These are commonly placed on steps or staircases. They provide a safe and convenient way to see in the dark, along with more peace of mind as some choose to use them as an extra layer of security.
- Flood lights– These lights are a great way to light up a large area of your property. They can be used to highlight a garden bed or large trees, for example.
- Garden lights- These are designed to highlight your plants and flowers. They can be used to create a beautiful and inviting space in your yard. Most gardeners or people with intricate landscape designs consider garden lights a must for their property.
The Benefits of LED Landscape Lighting
There are several reasons why homeowners should consider Landscape Lighting to enhance the exterior of their home. One primary benefit is the cost comparison with typical lighting. Installing LED landscape lighting will cost you less in the long run because they use less energy and last longer than traditional lights.
Another advantage is that they provide a safer environment at night. This is especially beneficial if you have young children or elderly family members living with you. They can move around outside with proper lighting without fear of tripping and falling.
They’re also built to withstand extreme weather conditions, so you can feel confident in your investment. Even with fluctuating weather patterns, these lights hold up just fine to the elements. Finally, it’s important to consider increasing your property value. Since landscape lighting makes your home more appealing, it can add value if you decide to sell. In fact, it creates an excellent first impression for those potential buyers who want something unique that separates your house from the crowd.
Need Help Choosing The Correct Lights For Your Home?
If you’re still on the fence about what kind of lights you should install on your home’s exterior, Gemstone Lights can make the decision much easier. No matter what kind of lights you’re looking to install, we can help you choose ones that match your needs. It can be overwhelming trying to decide what lights work well with your home and budget, but we’ll help make the process as smooth as possible.
Our team of experts has extensive experience in landscape lighting and track lighting installations and would be more than happy to walk you through the different types of lights available. We’ll also provide a free, no-obligation quote to help you determine what’s best for your home. Don’t wait any longer to get the perfect lighting for your home. Contact Gemstone Lights today!