- Starting on the home page, tap the + button in the top right.
- Tap ‘controller’
- Any nearby “Gemstone” devices will be shown
- Tap on your controller name.
- Your lights should now flash white. This is how you know you have selected the correct controller. If your lights are not flashing, you may have selected the wrong controller.
- Once you have selected the correct controller, there are two options to choose from: WiFi sync and Advanced Sync.
- We’re going to do Advanced Sync, tap on the Advanced sync button.
- Check to make sure the WiFi network selected is correct. It defaults to the network your phone is connected to.
- Enter your WiFi password. If the sync fails, the most common reason is an incorrect password.
- Tap next
- You will have to connect to a new Wi-Fi network through your phone’s settings. The controller will create a new Wi-Fi network. The name of this network will start with SmartLife.
- Tap ‘Go to connect’. This will open up your phone’s Wi-Fi settings.
- Wait for the Smart Life network to appear. This can take up to 30 seconds.
- Tap to connect to the SmartLife network.
- No password is required
- If you receive a warning that an internet connection is unavailable, that is okay.
- Once connected to SmartLife, head back to the Gemstone Hub app.
- Wait for your controller to be added. This can take up to 2 minutes.
- If pairing is successful, tap the edit button. You will be prompted to enter a controller name. Choose something descriptive such as your last name.
- Tap Done
- You may be prompted to enter a Bluetooth name. This name must start with Gem-. Choose a descriptive name.
- Your controller should now be added!
Connect Hub Controller to WiFi
Was this helpful?
19 out of 112 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request